Signs for smiles!

Signs for smiles!

What will I be without my friends! In view of my fascination for interesting signboards, some of them send me photos and I am forever thankful to them. Every few weeks I have a big collection of such notices and signboards. But one of the three teachings of Guru Nanak was เจตੰเจก เจ›ੱเจ•ੋ (vand chhakko or share what you have), so following that, I am posting those signs here in an effort to share some smiles and a few grins.





Is he undecided, unsure of the name or just ready to marry whichever of the two appears at the time and venue of the wedding?









Is the gun lobby active in India too? What kind of holes do people get shot into their ears?







Is it some kind of introduction which lets him be the king of the road? I hope by now this son of a gun has removed this from the vehicle.









Look at our police’s commitment to duty.










Sometimes signboards can be very precise!





Now this can be scary. The sign in Hindi says Upar jane ka rasta and upar means both - upper/above or heaven. A sure way to claim your insurance sum!



 



Two points- Jetty is how in Tamil they pronounce chuddy (underwear) and that is what, I presume, the drawing shows.

Point two: Ignore the spelling, but tell me has alcohol gone so cheap that people are bathing with it or the water scarcity in Chennai gone to such levels that they would rather bathe with alcohol?




This spelling for innerwear serves two purposes, phonetic in English and correct in Hindi.







Contrary to what you are imagining  from the shape, this is just a map showing direction of the subway with reference to Palika Bazar in Cannaught Place, New Delhi.

 






Need I say anything?












I don't suffer from an adolescent boy's absorption with these words, so let me clarify. Indian Railways is a mammoth organization and has huge responsibilities. It is not surprising then if an alphabet goes missing and nobody looks for it. The photo was taken a while ago. I hope they are cooking and serving food in this pantry coach.  







The friend who sent this, did not know when this was taken, but it was noticed at a major railway station of the Southern Railway. Has it been corrected or taken down? The Hindi translation says 'rooms waiting for the condition of air.'








I guess it simply means this room is meant for the convenience of the women passengers, whatever class they are travelling in
.






It is not merely the sign, it also matters where you stand.  






 

That reminds me of this joke:



Have a great weekend!
                                                         -Anupama S Mani






Comments

  1. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜

    Ha . . . . Ha . . . . Ha .
    . . .

    Thanks for elevating positive vibes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P V Chowdary

      Delete
    2. my god... mindglowing .. oops...
      mind-blowing

      Delete
  2. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection. And the last one made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pieces. We also see many such signs but don’t give them the respect they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have seen so many such hilarious boards and announcements. The collections are very good in this piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ Hilarious ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patriots for a day

Back with a firmer resolve

A historic connection