Chuckle time!

Chuckle time!

It has been some months since I brought to you the pictures of signboards which I have seen or my friends have sent me and which have made me stop for a minute and wonder- what the heck! Today is the right time for you too to do so, smile, chuckle, comment. The deed is already done, so neither the grammar police, nor the wise people can correct them. 

(Top photo)- A friend of a friend of a friend saw this board. My request is, whoever finds this (and the next one, most probably in USA) for the sake of the general good, please share the location.

Now why would somebody be selling a husband who just sits there on the sofa, peacefully watching TV, with the remote in hand? And, what is the going rate for such husbands?

It is her big day today, why would anyone say ‘no’ unless she is Countess Dracula and you have been kidnapped to marry her. By the way, the Hindi version says ‘bribe’.

Will the Radisson, Gurugram management clarify if it is a promise/offer to enjoy marital bliss or a piece of wisdom/warning from someone who does not believe in the adage - misery loves company?

No, no, this is nothing vulgar, let me assure you. The babu moshai (gentleman) painting it merely Bengali-ised Shakespeare in Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata.

I would take this as an invitation. After all, commandoes are supposed to lead adventurous lives. But why does it sound menacing?I saw the coffee sign in a café in Nutley, New Jersey, this June; to put it in perspective, I went back in to take a photo of the place it was put up in. Too late to ask now if they serve hot coffee on the throne. Yuk!


Another one in a men's toilet. An avid golfer tells me what the picture says is indeed true.

The one dishing out this wisdom forgot, when you picked it up, the caller knew you were there. You could not say ‘I am in a meeting’ when drinking in a bar with friends.

Such a shiny handsome specimen! Alas, it leads a dull life sitting outside the banquet hall in the basement of a Chennai hotel!

I saw this on the notice board of our building and it dawned on me that apostrophes have an important place in our life, or shouldn’t it be lives?

Another one put up in the elevator of our building, gives people like me something to do rather than watch the floor numbers going up and down.

We know metre, we know meter, which country uses miter as a measure of distance? As it is, the word touches a raw nerve because I struggle to make beautiful, precise mitered corners in sewing.

Not from India, but a good warning nevertheless, except that the words feel like a dog chasing its tail. 

My wild guess- the students of this kooching center (coaching) were commissioned to write most of the boards shown above.

                                                                                                    -Anupama S Mani































 

Comments

  1. Location please sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Good One .. 👌 Great observation and collection 😃😌😌👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each time I keep thinking, "we had dictionarryyss,, now Googlee", so why can't they just do that.... but then, where's the fun and where's
    the pun. Enjoyed it Ma'am, but I'm sure there's more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Humor. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious signs. Thanks for bringing these together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patriots for a day

Back with a firmer resolve

A historic connection